[tdwg-tapir] Output model & query template repository

Renato De Giovanni renato at cria.org.br
Thu Mar 29 21:35:50 CEST 2007

Dear all,

Since the last TAPIR meeting I took the liberty to reorganize the TDWG
repository of output models, mainly by creating subfolders for each
version of each conceptual schema and by normalizing the output models.

By output model normalization I mean removing the inline response
structure definition from the output model, putting it somewhere else and
just referencing it. This seems good practice because response structures
tend to be exactly the same, regardless the conceptual schema that was
used in the mapping.

So the root folder for the repository is:

http://rs.tdwg.org/tapir/cs/

Inside this folder you can find subfolders for each conceptual schema,
then subfolders for each version and then a "model" and a "template"
folder. So far I could only test dwc/1.4 with TapirLink, which still
doesn't work with the ABCD output model (due to the lack of some type
definitions in the ABCD XML Schema) and with the taxonCoordinates.xml (due
to unsupported schema constructs). This last one I suppose was created for
Biomoby tests and I'm not sure if it's being (or will be) used.

And as I said, a new folder was created to store response structures:

http://rs.tdwg.org/tapir/rs/

Not all structures are there. For instance, canonical Darwin and ABCD are
hosted under their own domains.

Please let me know if you have any comments or suggestions.
There may still be some changes to make, but I really hope that this way
of organizing things will remain stable for the next centuries.

Best Regards,
--
Renato