[tdwg-tapir] tapir metadata issues

Renato De Giovanni renato at cria.org.br
Tue Jul 3 04:54:51 CEST 2007

Hi Wouter,

> Another comment about the Tapir metadata: when giving courses in
> installing Tapirlink, I noticed that none of the about 10 (Dutch)
> students could figure out themselves what 'relatedEntity' means.
> They all needed help on that. Perhaps the documentation of that
> element should be expanded?

I agree that the element name is a bit vague, but element and attribute
names don't have to be human-readable and changing them at this stage
would be complicated.

The documentation about this element says:

"A Related Entity can be for example the organisation or group that is
hosting the service, providing the data, sponsoring the network, etc. This
allows acknowledgement to any kind of organisation or even person that is
somehow related to the service."

Please let me know if you have more ideas about how to improve it. You can
contact me directly about this.

Thanks again,
--
Renato