[tdwg-guid] LSID metadata persistence (or lack thereof)[Scanned]

Chuck Miller Chuck.Miller at mobot.org
Fri Jul 13 20:59:10 CEST 2007

Paul,

That is the exact issue we have yet to definitively and unambiguously
resolve.  The purist definition of metadata has been an impediment to
getting what we need.  It is an imperfect world and that world is real.

We need to be able to apply an LSID to that byte-stream "Homo sapiens",
if that is what the actual data is, and then that byte-stream never
change. We have millions of that particular kind of data waiting to have
LSIDs given to them and a whole lot of other kinds, too.

Chuck