[tdwg-tapir] error in tapir specification?

Wouter Addink wouter at eti.uva.nl
Tue Jul 17 12:11:47 CEST 2007

Hi Donald,
It is true that it depends on the processing software, but I think it is not standard behavior and therefore I would not recommend it. It is also implemented differently in Tapirlink. The reason is that Tapirlink uses PHP and in PHP superglobals ($_GET or $_REQUEST) return only he last kvp parameter if there are more with the same name. An alternative could be to get the whole query sting with a server variable ($_SERVER[QUERY_STRING]) and to parse the parameters with a regex, but that sounds not very attractive to me, as it depends on the used webserver if this variable is available and returned correctly.