[Tdwg-guid] Which TCS/RDF?

Roger Hyam roger at tdwg.org
Thu Sep 28 11:53:23 CEST 2006

Hi Markus,

The LSID spec suggests that RDF is the default return type but you can
request different formats. We would just need to agree on names for the
formats.

Thinking from a clients point of view consistency is the most important
thing I guess especially if the data is going to be mixed with data from
other sources. It would be far easier to write a client to handle just RDF
than to handle RDF plus arbitrary other formats  - perhaps with a plug in
infrastructure etc etc.

All the best,

Roger

On 9/28/06, "Döring, Markus" <m.doering at bgbm.org> wrote:

> Hi,
> I was wondering if the LSID specs require you to return RDF/XML. Could a
> service also return (or even request?) Turtle, N-Triple, RDFa or whatever
> comes next year?
>
> It would be costly to switch formats using a templating system, so I am
> just curious.
>
> Markus

Roger Hyam
Technical Architect