[Tdwg-guid] Demise of Phyloinformatics journal

Scott Federhen, NCBI federhen at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
Wed Nov 29 17:48:47 CET 2006

Hi all:

We are grappling with the same kinds of issues
here at the NCBI (Library of Medicine) though our mandate
covers the NIH-funded biological literature (as opposed to the
NSF-funded literature) so our archive is weak on systematics and such.

PubMed Central (PMC) is a full-text literature archive, which has
backscanned complete runs of some participating journals, and is also
intended to include all papers published on NIH-funded research.
We have also developed a portable version of this system (pPMC)
which has been used to set up collaborating national archives
in other countries, e.g. UK-PMC.

I just wanted to mention it as a potential model, since it hadn't
come up in the discussion yet.

   http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/
   http://www.ukpmc.org/

Cheers,