[Tdwg-tag] Why we should not use LSID

Ricardo Scachetti Pereira ricardo at tdwg.org
Thu May 4 19:31:26 CEST 2006

    Folks,

    This discussion about PURLs and LSIDs is very relevant, but, in my
opinion, the most appropriate forum to discuss it is on the GUID mailing
list and wiki.

    To that effect, I have copied Gregor's original posts to the GUID
wiki. Links to the two pages can be found at the end of the following page:

http://wiki.gbif.org/guidwiki/wikka.php?wakka=Technologies

    I think cross-posting the two lists may be fine for the moment.

    That brings me to the second point, which is that the GUID mailing
list changed to:

tdwg-guid at mailman.nhm.ku.edu

    THAT is off-topic for the TDWG TAG list. Sorry.

    Cheers,

Ricardo