[Tdwg-guid] Why we should not use LSID (from TDWG-TAG mailing list)

Robert Huber rhuber at wdc-mare.org
Fri May 5 09:47:52 CEST 2006

Dear all,

I really didn't expect that this question comes up again ;) ..Please
regard this message  rather to test the new mailing list then to
start a new thread on this topic..

- PURLS are no persistent identifiers they are persistent URL this
is a big difference (->persistent content/objects !).
- Metadata: PURLs can of course redirect to a XML file etc. but is this
the object the identifier is assigned to - No! All other technologies
we discussed before can resolve to an object _and_ serve metadata.
-

Robert