[Tdwg-guid] WG: CHRONOS, GNS LSID

Robert Huber rhuber at wdc-mare.org
Fri May 5 09:55:58 CEST 2006

Dear all,

Below is Doug Fils answer to my questions on the CHRONOS LSID efforts..
I tried to send this to the old listserver.. thanks Ricardo for
reminding us to use the new address!

It seems as if LSIDs are (independently our efforts) on their way to
become a de facto standard for such purposes? Well,another reason _not_
to think about switching to PURLs ;)
All in all this sounds very interesting and it is another, promising
way to bring the paleo/geo and bio data communities together..

Robert