[Tdwg-guid] "Publication Bank", LSIDs and the BHL

David Remsen dremsen at mbl.edu
Thu May 18 20:46:51 CEST 2006

I was talking to CrossRef a few weeks ago about DOI's.  Here's what
Amy Brand said regarding cost.

"Hi David,

I am pleased you've gotten some answers to your questions from Bruce.
Given the large number of DOIs in uBio, it could take us some time to
work out an appropriate "arrangement" for their deposit. Even if we
were to charge you only what we ourselves currently have to pay on a
per-DOI basis, you are looking at $272,000 for 6.8 million DOIs. We
are trying to work out a large discount from the International DOI
Foundation for such cases.
"
so 0.25 USD / DOI is cost for them.