LSID conformance test tool

Roderic Page r.page at BIO.GLA.AC.UK
Fri Mar 10 20:32:11 CET 2006

Motivated by Ricardo's request, I've put together a crude start on such
a tool. It's based on a PHP LSID client I've been working on. It's all
rather crude, but basically it takes an LSID, resolves it, gets the
authority WSDL, and grabs some metadata. It displays the results
(including HTTP headers if desired), and does a few very simple tests.

It's not very detailed, isn't robust, doesn't do many tests, completely
ignores SOAP, doesn't handle data yet, makes no claims to be defintive,
etc., etc., but in the spirit of "release early, release often" it
might be useful.

You can play with it at http://linnaeus.zoology.gla.ac.uk/~rpage/lsid/

It should work in any half-decent browser (I've used Safari and Firefox
on a Mac). Anybody who has used Mindreef's wonderful SOAPScope tool
(http://www.mindreef.com/products/soapscope/index.php) may spot the
influence.

Regards

Rod