LSID tester - new features

Lee Belbin leebel at NETSPACE.NET.AU
Tue Mar 21 13:53:13 CET 2006

Neat Rod!

Lee

Lee Belbin
Manager, TDWG Infrastructure Project
Email: lee at tdwg.org
Phone: +61(0)419 374 133
-----Original Message-----
From: Taxonomic Databases Working Group GUID Project
[mailto:TDWG-GUID at LISTSERV.NHM.KU.EDU] On Behalf Of Roderic Page
Sent: Tuesday, 21 March 2006 11:48 AM
To: TDWG-GUID at LISTSERV.NHM.KU.EDU
Subject: LSID tester - new features

I've tweaked the LSID tester tool mentioned in a previous posting. The
tester now lives at http://linnaeus.zoology.gla.ac.uk/~rpage/lsid/tester,
and has the following changes:

1. The RDF metadata can be displayed as a graph in PNG and SVG formats (you
can also get the underlying graph file which is AT&T's dot format)

2. An additional test that produces a warning if the HTTP binding for the
authority  is anything other than a server address (i.e., URLs with paths
generate a warning)

3. Some minor cosmetic changes to make it a little less hideous on the eyes
if you have the misfortune to use Internet Explorer 6

4. I've added some example LSIDs so users have somewhere to start.

Still very crude and loads of limitations/bugs...

Users of recent versions of Firefox will be disappointed with the SVG
graphs. I suggest installing Adobe's SVG plugin and using this extension
(http://rr.latenightpc.com/wp/archives/2005/06/10/firefox-extension-
for-turning-built-in-svg-on-and-off/) to turn native SVG support off.

Regards

Rod

Professor Roderic D. M. Page
Editor, Systematic Biology
DEEB, IBLS
Glasgow G12 8QP
United Kingdom

Phone:    +44 141 330 4778
Fax:      +44 141 330 2792
email:    r.page at bio.gla.ac.uk
web:      http://taxonomy.zoology.gla.ac.uk/rod/rod.html

Subscribe to Systematic Biology through the Society of Systematic Biologists
Website:  http://systematicbiology.org Search for taxon names at
http://darwin.zoology.gla.ac.uk/~rpage/portal/
Find out what we know about a species at http://ispecies.org