[tdwg-tapir] (Fwd) Call for technical author to assist TDWG subgroups

Renato De Giovanni renato at cria.org.br
Wed Mar 22 13:45:50 CET 2006

Dear all,

The message below has been sent to a number of mailing lists, and it
also considers documentation for TAPIR (a formal specification and a
guide to develop client software). If there's anyone interested,
please feel free to contact me or Markus (or Lee Belbin directly). We
should be able to help as much as necessary with this work.

Regards,
--
Renato

The Taxonomic Databases Working Group (TDWG: www.tdwg.org) is seeking an
experienced (English language) Technical Author to develop a range of
documentation to support its standards.  The person will liaise with members
of TDWG subgroups to design and develop informal documentation such as
user-guides, primers, a web site, and assist with formal documentation
suites.

Applicants should have a university degree or equivalent.  Experience with
interoperability standards would be required and familiarity with TDWG would
be an advantage.

The work would be part time, and on a contract basis with the Global
Biodiversity Information Facility (www.gbif.org).  Approximately 6 months
full-time work equivalent would be anticipated over the next 18 months.

While the work would be done at the contractor's location, some travel may
be involved.

Expressions of interest with a brief résumé should be forwarded to:

    Lee Belbin
    TDWG Infrastructure Project Manager
    lee at tdwg.org