[Tdwg-tag] TCS in RDF for use in LSIDs and possiblegeneric mechanism.

Ricardo Scachetti Pereira ricardo at tdwg.org
Fri Mar 24 10:33:59 CET 2006

    Roger,

    Microsoft InfoPath 2003, which comes with Microsoft Office 2003
Professional, is supposed to do what you want.

    It doesn't create a nice looking user interface automagically from
an XML Schema, though. You need to load the schema and then design the
form, by dragging the XML elements into it and adding captions, labels,
etc. But once you do that, the user interface for filling in the form is
kinda nice.

    It comes with a number of silly templates for business use
(invoices, time cards, etc). I loaded TCS schema v1.0 and designed a
simple form using it just for fun. See the attached picture.

    I hope this helps.

    Regards,

Ricardo