[tdwg-tag] GUID-2 Report

Ricardo Scachetti Pereira ricardo at tdwg.org
Thu Jun 29 19:31:13 CEST 2006

    Dear mailing list subscriber,

    The Taxonomic Databases Working Group (TDWG, http://www.tdwg.org/)
with support from the Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation has just held
the second of two workshops to address the need for a system of globally
unique identifiers (GUID) for use in biodiversity informatics.

    The report describing the outcomes of the meeting and the plans for
deployment of LSIDs in our community is available at:

http://www.tdwg.gbif.org/fileadmin/subgroups/tip/GUID2Report.pdf (PDF)
http://wiki.gbif.org/guidwiki/wikka.php?wakka=GUID2Report (web page)

    We are encouraging feedback on the report and particularly the
deployment strategy. Please send your comments to the TDWG-GUID mailing
list at tdwg-guid at mailman.nhm.ku.edu, or add them to the TDWG-GUID wiki
at http://wiki.gbif.org/guidwiki/wikka.php?wakka=GUID2ReportComments.

    Sincerely,

Donald Hobern, Ricardo Pereira and Lee Belbin