AW: [tdwg-tapir] Re: [Fwd: tdwg namespaces]

Ricardo Scachetti Pereira ricardo at tdwg.org
Mon Jul 17 14:59:12 CEST 2006

    Markus,

    There was no technical impediment to using res.tdwg.org.

    The fact was that some TDWG subgroup conveners were not satisfied
with the original choice of res.tdwg.org. I suppose that the name "res "
(which stands for "resources") was not self-evident as they wanted it to
be. We brought the issue to the attention of the TDWG Executive
Committee which then decided to use rs.tdwg.org instead. It didn't make
the domain name more self-evident, but the Executive thought the domain
name did not matter that much, so they made the decision to help settle
the discussion.

    I hope this clarifies the issue a bit.

    Regards,

Ricardo