[tdwg-tapir] tapir namespace

Renato De Giovanni renato at cria.org.br
Fri Jan 6 13:39:41 CET 2006

Hi Roger,

I think it would be quite convenient to have all relevant documents
(specification, overview, XML Schema) easily available from wherever
the namespace URI gets resolved to. Even if it just resolves to a
simple directory listing.

There might be cases when the XML Schema needs to be changed and the
other docs would remain unchanged. For each XML Schema release, I
think a new namespace needs to be created, and even if the other docs
are the same they can just be copied from the previous release (or
maybe use symbolic links to point to them). That would be a simple
and effective way to handle this.

If TDWG changes its name, it will certainly need to keep the old
domain and setup redirects to the new domain when necessary.
Namespaces are just identifiers, and should not be affected. They
will just be referencing/advertising the old name when they are used.

Best Regards,
--
Renato