[tdwg-tapir] FAQ page

Javier de la Torre jatorre at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 15:23:08 CET 2006

Dear all,

We had today the GBIF ICT Expert Group meeting and a lot of people
where making questions about TAPIR.
Seems that there is confusion regarding names. People were asking why
there is Digir 2 if we are all going to TAPIR and things like that.
There were also questions regarding when things are gonna be ready,
what can we expect from Digir2 and TAPIR pywrapper and what would be
the reasons to migrate, how difficult is going to be to migrate, etc.

I was thinking of extending the FAQ page that Renato started in
Madrid to answer all these questions, but I need some help specially
from the Digir2 people.

-What is the status of Digir2?
-Is it going to be difficult to update from Digir 1 to 2?

I will in any case start writing there and maybe you can then modify
extend thins related to you.

Best regards,

Javi.