RDF application building and databinding tools

Benjamin H Szekely bhszekel at US.IBM.COM
Mon Feb 13 20:41:26 CET 2006

I'm not exactly sure what is meant by data binding but Jastor provides a
layer on top of Jena for manipulating ontology based RDF in Java.

- Ben

Ricardo Scachetti Pereira <ricardo at TDWG.ORG>
Sent by: Taxonomic Databases Working Group GUID Project
<TDWG-GUID at LISTSERV.NHM.KU.EDU>
02/13/2006 08:04 PM
Please respond to
Taxonomic Databases Working Group GUID Project
<TDWG-GUID at LISTSERV.NHM.KU.EDU>

TDWG-GUID at LISTSERV.NHM.KU.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: RDF application building and databinding tools

    Bob,

    It looks like I can only send one link per email. Here's another
tool: Sparta, a data binding API for Python. Here is the link:

http://www.mnot.net/blog/2004/05/15/sparta

    Cheers,

Ricardo

Ricardo Scachetti Pereira wrote:

> Bob Morris wrote:
>
>> OK. I understand. Now I need to know on which Wiki people are
>> developing discussion of the RDF tools. I'm aware only of ontology
>> development tools, and I need to educate myself about where are the
>> tools and frameworks for building applications and for databinding.
>

>    Bob,
>
>    I've sent this a couple of months ago to the list, but it might
> still be useful:
>
> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/Tutorials
>
>    Click on "Tools" link and it will take to the bottom of the page
> (direct link:
> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/Tutorials#tools). There's a
> list of RDF tools in there (Jena, Kowari, SOFA, PHP RDF and others). I
> didn't read that material myself, so I'm not sure whether you will
> find what you want. Let us know if you find anything useful.
>    Best regards,
>
> Ricardo

--=_alternative 000946BB85257115_=

data binding but Jastor provides a layer on top of Jena for manipulating
ontology based RDF in Java. </font>
&lt;ricardo at TDWG.ORG&gt;</b> </font>
Group GUID Project &lt;TDWG-GUID at LISTSERV.NHM.KU.EDU&gt;</font>
Taxonomic Databases Working Group GUID Project &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;
tools</font></table>
 &nbsp; &nbsp;It looks like I can only send one link per email. Here's
another<br>
tool: Sparta, a data binding API for Python. Here is the link:<br>
http://www.mnot.net/blog/2004/05/15/sparta<br>
 &nbsp; &nbsp;Cheers,<br>
Ricardo<br>
Ricardo Scachetti Pereira wrote:<br>
&gt; Bob Morris wrote:<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; OK. I understand. Now I need to know on which Wiki people are<br>
&gt;&gt; developing discussion of the RDF tools. I'm aware only of ontology<br>
&gt;&gt; development tools, and I need to educate myself about where are
the<br>
&gt;&gt; tools and frameworks for building applications and for databinding.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp;Bob,<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp;I've sent this a couple of months ago to the list, but
it might<br>
&gt; still be useful:<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/Tutorials<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp;Click on &quot;Tools&quot; link and it will take to the
bottom of the page<br>
&gt; (direct link:<br>
&gt; http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/Tutorials#tools). There's
a<br>
&gt; list of RDF tools in there (Jena, Kowari, SOFA, PHP RDF and others).
I<br>
&gt; didn't read that material myself, so I'm not sure whether you will<br>
&gt; find what you want. Let us know if you find anything useful.<br>
&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp;Best regards,<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Ricardo<br>
&gt;<br>