New GUID working groups and work plan [ Scanned for viruses ]

Ricardo Scachetti Pereira ricardo at TDWG.ORG
Tue Feb 14 11:52:47 CET 2006

    Paul,

    Thanks for letting me know.

    I am very interested in following closely the development of LSID
prototype resolvers such as yours, specially regarding missing LSID
software components, limitations of current LSID specifications, or any
other roadblocks you may find in LSID software setup and development.

    So, could you (or Kevin) please fill me in on the details of your
prototype? I've added a new wiki page specially for that. You can use to
record the relevant information. The page is at:

http://wiki.gbif.org/guidwiki/wikka.php?wakka=LSIDResolverForTaxonNamesIF

    Please, feel free to edit that page and add the required details. We
intend to record similar information about the development of the other
prototypes and use that information as input in various others GUID
activities.

    If you provide such information I can offer to help in your
development activities.

    This applies to any other groups that are planning on developing
LSID prototype resolvers. Just add your details to the GUID wiki and let
me (us) know.

    Cheers,

Ricardo