PublicationBank, Policy/Best Practice

Robert Huber rhuber at WDC-MARE.ORG
Tue Feb 28 14:14:31 CET 2006

Dear all,

Avoiding duplicate efforts does of course make sense, but a bit of
'competition' is also quite useful when e.g. for QC in the data
management business?

Having this data in two dbs might therefore be an excellent chance to
test the integrity of data? Or better: can give a general estimate on
the _possible_ integrity of such data?

I'm pretty sure typos, wrong spelling etc will occur on every such service,
as e.g. nobody can expect a person typing all that names speaks all the
used languages, or think of character encoding problems etc..

I agree with Chuck that duplication is OK if there are only duplicates
and no variants..

best regards,
Robert