[tdwg-tag] New Constitution for TAG Interest Group

Roger Hyam roger at tdwg.org
Mon Dec 11 22:18:47 CET 2006

Hi All,

A new process for managing TDWG subgroups and standards was accepted
at the St Louis meeting in October. This new process defines Interest
Groups which are persistent entities that spawn Task Groups which are
ephemeral. You can read about this in more detail on the Process Wiki.

http://wiki.tdwg.org/twiki/bin/view/Process/WebHome

Previous subgroups now need to propose new charters following a new
format if they wish to be constituted as Interest Groups under the
new system. I  have drafted a charter for the TAG Interest Group and
would welcome any comments before submitting this to the Executive
Committee. You can fined PDF and Word versions of it on the wiki.

http://wiki.tdwg.org/twiki/bin/view/TAG/WebHome

I don't believe there is anything controversial in here but you may
think otherwise. Is so please place you comments on
NewCharterComments on the wiki or mail me an edited version of the
word document - with track changes turned on.

The wiki is looking dated and needs a good spring cleaning which I am
just embarking on. Please let me know if there is anything that you
think should be included.

All the best,

Roger