[PyWrapper-devel] [tdwg-tapir] RE: WG: tapir: capabilities

Javier de la Torre jatorre at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 21:05:57 CEST 2006

Hi Renato,

> The content of dct:modified could also be manually updated whenever
> there are significant changes in the underlying data. In the worst
> case it would always show us the provider's creation date. But then
> we should probably have dct:modifed and dct:created...
>
> I can't remember if there was any specific reason for not including
> both DublinCore fields. Anyway, it makes sense to have dct:created
> and dct:modified, doesn't matter if optional or mandatory.

I also dont remember, but I think it was because Markus just looked
for the dublin core concepts that matched the previous concepts we
had. So probably we haven't even consider it. I really dont mind
adding it, well I mind because we are feature freeze already, but
apart of this I dont mind... maybe I tend more for optional than
mandatory because, again, when something was created can also be
difficult to figure out. Let say that I update my provider software,
if the software doesnt take care the creation date will be "recreated".

Javi.