[tdwg-tapir] TAPIR searches and entities

Javier de la Torre jatorre at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 14:15:45 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I think WFS suffers of the same issue. I asked on the wfs-dev mailing
list and I got already a response from the lat/lon people. They have
a WFS server pretty similar to PyWrapper but in Java.

Markus  Schneider proposed the usage of indexes in xpath to help the
server knows if the terms you are asking for are related or not. Is
not the most elegant solution, and probably does not match the xpath
semantics, but maybe it could work.

Imagine a filter like:

     <filter>
         <like>
             <and>
                   <equals>
                        <concept id="abcd:/Datasets.../
Identifications/Identification[1]/ScientificName"/>
                        <literal value="Abies alba"/>
                   <equals>
                   <equals>
                        <concept id="abcd:/Datasets.../
Identifications/Identification[1]/Identifier"/>
                        <literal value="Markus"/>
                   <equals>
             </and>
         </like>
     </filter>

This will create your 1st SQL statement.
If in the second concept in the filter, the indentifier, does not
have an index then it should be the second...

But I have the impression that Digir2 would have serious problems
dealing with this...

Javier.