[tdwg-tapir] Summary of TAPIR

Roger Hyam roger at tdwg.org
Fri Apr 28 12:40:38 CEST 2006

Hi Guys,

I am putting together the TAG-1 meeting report and so far I have too
little on TAPIR. My knowledge largely comes from the original proposal
that Markus and Renato did back in 2004 and it has come a long way since
then. I have followed some but not all of the debates and changes.

Would it be possible for you to come up with a one page summary of TAPIR
as it is now. Just a high level summary of the protocol,  the different
message types/operations and what they consists. Perhaps a paragraph on
the filtering and an indication of the current areas you are working on.

A page like this on the protocol wiki would be really useful for a whole
bunch of people not just me. Please excuse me if this exists and I just
haven't found it.

Many thanks,

Roger

--