Questions and Suggestions to the ongoing discussion

Donald Hobern dhobern at GBIF.ORG
Tue Sep 20 08:53:37 CEST 2005

> Therefore I have the following suggestions for the 1.5 Million $
> project:

I'll add my thoughts on Michael's real questions later, but I need to
clarify one small thing.  The Moore Foundation has generously made available
nearly 1.5 million USD over a 30-month period to address several aspects of
the operation of TDWG.  This includes some funding for investigation of
GUIDs, and there is some additional funding for this from GBIF, but the
available funds add up to much less than USD 1.5M.

Donald

Donald Hobern (dhobern at gbif.org)
Programme Officer for Data Access and Database Interoperability
Global Biodiversity Information Facility Secretariat
Universitetsparken 15, DK-2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Tel: +45-35321483   Mobile: +45-28751483   Fax: +45-35321480