[tdwg-tapir] Conformance test

Javier de la Torre jatorre at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 18:22:04 CEST 2005

Hi all,

Yesterday I had a meeting with Jens Fitzke from the Lat/Lon company.
This company made the reference implementation of the WMS standard of
OGC. He gave me a lot of nice information about how things work in
OGC. I am happy to have him as a partner in my project.

Well, one thing he pointed me out was a conformance test that the OGC
community created to see if the different implementations of the
standard were interoperable...
They first used a commercial software, I don't remember which one but
I suppose that it can be found, and the problem is that because of
the generic philosophy of the software they spent a lot of person/
months in make it run. Now they are developing an open source
software to do the same but not so generic.

What they have already is two services to test WMS and WFS services.
You can find some information here:

http://150.128.82.168/webACEGIS/ACEGIS_Test_Engines.htm

Maybe we can consider something similar for TAPIR, but it must be a
much more simple thing because we don't have their resources. There
are two things we have to test:

-Implementations interoperability... things like what happens when
some parameters are missing, etc... purely technical
-Content test: set up the same database and try different
implemntations to see we get what we expect.

Maybe during the week someone, me?, can work on this, I hope we can
reuse software from OGC to do that.

Cheers.

Javier.