[tdwg-tapir] TapirLite and SimpleFiltering pages

Roger Hyam roger at tdwg.org
Fri Oct 21 12:03:32 CEST 2005

Renato,

Thanks. I am glad you like the stuff I put up. It is just pulling
together what a bunch of us have been talking about. The suggestions you
make for capabilities seem good.  If I understand the what you are
saying about the filtering then when interpreting a filter that looked
like this:

<and>
    <like>
        <concept path="/Dataset/TaxonNames/TaxonName/CanonicalName/Genus"/>
        <parameter name="GenusName"/>
    </like>
    <like>
        <concept
path="/Dataset/TaxonNames/TaxonName/ProviderSpecific/XYZ/Modified"/>
        <parameter name="ChangedSince" optional="true" />
    </like>
</and>

and the ChangeSince parameter is not supplied then the second <like> is
ignored. If this is correct then it would be fine.

If you guys could thrash out the details of these things at the November
meeting that would be great. I'll try and spend a little time exploring
the whole TapirLite area over the next couple of weeks (if I get a
chance) and add any other thoughts.

Many thanks,

Roger

 Roger Hyam