[tdwg-tapir] Conformance test

Renato De Giovanni renato at cria.org.br
Fri Oct 21 14:40:08 CEST 2005

Hello Javier,

I've noticed the OGC conformance tests in their website some time ago
and I was planning to get more details... So it's really good to know
that not only you already have some information but you also know the
people!

A quick search on sourceforge shows other tools that could be worth
investigating:

http://sourceforge.net/search/?type_of_search=soft&exact=1&forum_id=0&
group_id=0&atid=0&words=web+service+test&Search=Search

I just had a look at the first one, and it looks quite interesting:

http://www.webinject.org/

Maybe we could already create a wiki page about conformance tests?
If we're going to experiment with different tools, we can put some
comments there about the available options.

I agree it's important to have at least a couple of  "standard
databases" with different structures for testing (including data
dictionary and mapping insctructions). But it would be great if we
could have that kind of OGC test that accepts an arbitraty URL of a
service to interactively "browse" it and perform a series of tests
depending on the service capabilities...

Regards,
--
Renato