Topic 3: (Fauna Europaea and gender agreement) GUIDs for Taxon Names and Taxon Concepts

Sun Nov 6 23:04:16 CET 2005

Hi Donald,

You asked Yde:

> Can you explain a little more about how you handle epithet agreement
> ("gender unequivalencies") in this system?  I realise this is tangential
> from the main GUID discussion, but it does seem to be a complication
> to the task of treating the epithet as the primary unit.

My question to you: why would epithet gender agreement be a complication to
the task of treating the epithet as the primary unit? I'm not sure if I
follow.

Aloha,
Rich