Topic 3: GUIDs for Taxon Names and Taxon Concepts

Donald Hobern dhobern at GBIF.ORG
Mon Nov 7 10:47:35 CET 2005

Rich,

I never meant my post to come across as a criticism of your level of detail
(or anyone else's).  I believe that all of the messages that have been sent
contribute to an understanding of the problem space that a GUID solution
must address.  I just wanted to limit expectations as to what we could hope
to solve within these discussions.

Best wishes,

Donald

Donald Hobern (dhobern at gbif.org)
Programme Officer for Data Access and Database Interoperability
Global Biodiversity Information Facility Secretariat
Universitetsparken 15, DK-2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Tel: +45-35321483   Mobile: +45-28751483   Fax: +45-35321480