[Tdwg-phylo] Publishing a trees in RDF

Richard Ree rree at fieldmuseum.org
Fri Oct 22 20:12:57 CEST 2010

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 11:56 AM, Hilmar Lapp <hlapp at nescent.org> wrote:

> I agree entirely with the "solutions to scratch individual itches is
> inevitable and a Good Thing(tm)".
>
> What I don't agree with is if this is portrayed as being mutually exclusive
> with reusable and more sustainable software.

I never suggested this, but it seemed there was a sentiment that
scratching on the part of individual developers was a bad thing -
counterproductive to some common goal - and should be discouraged.
That struck me as odd.  I do agree that modularity and reusability
should indeed be encouraged, e.g. in educating user-developers in MVC
design patterns and library-based development.

-Rick