[Tdwg-phylo] Publishing a trees in RDF

Christian M Zmasek czmasek at sanfordburnham.org
Thu Oct 21 18:57:09 CEST 2010

Hi, Dave and Rutger:

My own tree viewer "Archaeopteryx" provides such an overview when zoomed
in, plus some other features described as "missing" in most current tools.

See: http://www.phylosoft.org/archaeopteryx/

Example: http://www.phylosoft.org/archaeopteryx/examples/mollusca.html

Archaeopteryx also provides other useful features (at least for
comparative genomics use cases). For example, the ability to infer
internal taxonomies (if all external nodes have _some_ taxonomic
information associated with them; standalone version only; via uniprot
taxonomy database).

Please let me know if you'd like to know more or have suggestions for
improvement (although keep in mind that this Archaeopteryx is just a
peculiar hobby of mine).

Christian