[tdwg-phylo] Upcoming TDWG meeting

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at nescent.org
Fri Aug 27 23:07:05 CEST 2010

Hi Arlin - I agree that this is an interesting project,. You're more
than welcome to peruse the TDWG Phylo wiki to expand on this idea, and
let me know if you encounter any trouble editing pages there.

Are you planning to be at the TDWG conference?

	-hilmar

On Aug 27, 2010, at 4:24 PM, Arlin Stoltzfus wrote:

> Is anyone else interested?  If there is interest, I'll start a
> planning document (TDWG phylo twiki?).
>
> Arlin
>
> On Aug 27, 2010, at 2:45 PM, Dan Rosauer wrote:
>
>> Hi Arlin and others
>>
>> I think that idea 1 below is a really valuable topic to address.
>> The ability to link tree tips to other sources of data by taxon
>> name or identifier is a threshold  step for automating a whole
>> range of analyses and displays.  For example, the software I work
>> on, Biodiverse, links phylogenies to species location data for
>> visualisation and analysis.  It would be great to have it running
>> automatically online, linking (for example) trees from treebase to
>> distributions from GBIF.  To do this (and many other things)
>> however we need a better solution to the taxon matching problem you
>> describe.
>>
>> cheers
>> Dan

: Hilmar Lapp  -:- Durham, NC -:- informatics.nescent.org :