[tdwg-phylo] Interest Group Charter: Need feedback

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at duke.edu
Sun Sep 6 18:31:05 CEST 2009

Hi all,

as I'm sure you've noticed already, the 2009 TDWG Conference is coming
up and only about 2 months away. Nico and I hope to see as many of you
there as possible!

As the one remaining TODO needed to complete the formal establishment
of our TDWG Interest Group, we need to get the group's charter
written, finalized, and approved.

Nico and I have now written a draft charter here:

http://docs.google.com/View?id=dhdjhbvd_65ff7bp3dn

Since in order to be approved by the executive committee in time for
the 2009 conference it needs to be submitted rather soon. So, we'd be
much obliged if you can review the draft and give us feedback,
comments, and suggestions by Friday, Sep 11, so we can incorporate it
in time for submitting the final version on Monday, Sep 14.

FYI, there'll likely be significant activities of our group at the
event, the announcements and Calls for Participation for which will be
posted here over the coming week. Pending final approval for funding
and logistics, one of these will be a VoCamp; check out http://evoinfo.nescent.org/VoCamp1_Proposal
  if you're curious.

Cheers,

Hilmar & Nico