[tdwg-phylo] NSF INTEROP proposal

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at duke.edu
Fri Jul 31 22:13:49 CEST 2009

FYI, a group of collaborators (Arlin Stoltzfus, Karen Cranston,
Sheldon McKay, Enrico Pontelli, Nico Cellinese, and myself) under the
leadership of Arlin recently pulled together a grant application for
the NSF Interop solicitation.

The ideas for the grant emerged mostly from the recent Database
Interoperability Hackathon (for which I posted the announcement and
Call for Participation here back in Jan). Proposal summary and full
text are public at the following URL:

http://evoinfo.nescent.org/NSF_Interop_Proposal

It was submitted July 22. If funded, TDWG and this Interest Group will
play a significant role in the proposed activities.

We probably won't hear about reviews or funding before Feb/March next
year, so keep fingers crossed until then.

Cheers,

	-hilmar
: Hilmar Lapp  -:-  Durham, NC  -:- hlapp at duke dot edu :