[TDWG-MIDS] 3rd meeting, 4th February UTC 15:00-16:30 agenda and zoom link
HardistyAR at cardiff.ac.uk
Mon Feb 1 15:27:31 UTC 2021
The next (3rd) meeting of the TDWG MIDS TG is UTC 15:00 - 16:30 on Thursday 4th February. The agenda and other details are below. Elspeth and I look forward to your contributions.
The meeting will take place by Zoom and will be started/hosted by co-convenor Alex Hardisty.
Meeting URL: https://cardiff.zoom.us/j/89219481811?pwd=cXplOENtVHllNmV3UCthOVZVbUxvUT09
Meeting ID: 892 1948 1811
A googledoc for notes is here: http://bit.ly/tgmids-notes.
* New meeting time - half hour earlier from next month, 4th March UTC 14:30
* GitHub developments - issue labels, status, working procedure (https://github.com/tdwg/mids#tg-way-of-working).
* Reminder of the work - discussion and agreement of MIDS-1 information elements
* Short report from CETAF Digitization working group, 1st February 2021
2) Decision needed
* RecordCreator (https://github.com/tdwg/mids/issues/13) - decision to remove from MIDS.
* CreatedOn (https://github.com/tdwg/mids/issues/7) - decision to remove from MIDS.
* ModifiedOn (https://github.com/tdwg/mids/issues/8) - decision to retain in MIDS and rename to 'Modified'.
Comment: The 3 elements were discussed at Meeting 2, with the conclusion that of the 3, only the date modified is useful publicly.
3) Decision needed
* Name (https://github.com/tdwg/mids/issues/12) - decision to split into new elements Title (MIDS-1, MIDS-2) and Name (MIDS-2).
Comment: Meeting 2 agreed to change the title of this info element from ScientificName to Name to generalise it (Issue https://github.com/tdwg/mids/issues/6 refers). At the CETAF Digitisation WG meeting, 1st February discussion concluded with the proposal that different information is needed at MIDS-1 than at MIDS-2. Proposal is to split this information element into 'Title' at MIDS-1, akin to the Dublin Core Title term (dc:title) indicating what has been digitized, and 'Name' at MIDS-2, being connected to a classification of the object. Values for these two information elements can be the same or different.
4) Discussion needed (as time permits)
* MaterialType (https://github.com/tdwg/mids/issues/14)
* Mass (https://github.com/tdwg/mids/issues/4) - proposal for an additional/new information element necessary for certain geological specimen categories
5) Any other business
Alex Hardisty Alex Hardisty
Director of Informatics Projects Cyfarwyddwr y Prosiect Gwybodeg
School of Computer Science and Informatics Yr Ysgol Cyfrifiadureg a Gwybodeg
Cardiff University, Queens Buildings Prifysgol Caerdydd, Adeiladau'r Frenhines
5, The Parade, Cardiff CF24 3AA 5, The Parade, Caerdydd CF24 3AA
United Kingdom Y Deyrnas Unedig
tel: +44 (0)29 2087 4861 ffôn : +44 (0)29 2087 4861
email: hardistyar at cardiff.ac.uk<mailto:hardistyar at cardiff.ac.uk> ebost: hardistyar at caerdydd.ac.uk<mailto:hardistyar at caerdydd.ac.uk>
skype: alex.hardisty skype: alex.hardisty
orcid id: orcid.org/0000-0002-0767-4310<http://orcid.org/0000-0002-0767-4310>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the tdwg-mids