[tdwg-humboldt] TDWG 2023 Presentation - URGENT

Jetz, Walter walter.jetz at yale.edu
Sun Oct 1 16:09:08 UTC 2023

Really, awesome, Yani and all. The slides look great. All the best for the presentation!

If you'd like to expand the history section, one could start with the workshop at Yale 10 years ago now where members of both the field ecology and biodiversity standards community (including some in this group - did they look younger then?!) came together to articulate the need: https://bgc.yale.edu/news/toward-global-standards-biodiversity-surveys-and-checklists

The writing on the subsequent 'HumboldtCore' MS then started a year or so later and took some more years to get concluded. But the workshop was a key initial event on this path, and we are grateful to the initial contributors. Attached some pics from the get-together which was fun.

But doing a workshop and writing a paper strikes me like the easy part ... On behalf of the larger community thank _you_ all for the many important steps and refinements you have been taking over the past years to get this all to something useful and (fingers crossed!) accepted!

Have fun at TDWG! Regards,

Walter