[tdwg-humboldt] meeting this week

Kate Ingenloff kathryn.ingenloff at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 09:43:58 UTC 2023

Hi all!

I'm officially back from leave and will join the meeting on Wednesday. It
looks like I have a lot to catch up on! I'll try to have a thorough look at
the document by then, and look forward to helping however I can to continue
pushing Humboldt forward.

Cheers,
Kate

On Mon, Jul 17, 2023 at 3:56 AM John Wieczorek <tuco at berkeley.edu> wrote:

> Yes, that is correct, I should be able to be free the following week.
>
> On Sun, Jul 16, 2023 at 10:54 PM Rob Stevenson <rdstevenson10 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi John
>>
>> Thanks for your comments. We want the document to align with the
>> unified model
>>
>>  I think we understand the importance of not being proscriptive.  That
>> was not our intent .
>>
>> Your comment "I think the most common lowest-level Events would actually
>> be Occurrences, at least in the Unified Model, where Occurrences are one
>> type of Event. "  was helpful for me.  Let's see if others respond.
>>
>> Having a zoom discussion may turn out to be the best way to make sure we
>> all get to a common understanding..
>>
>> Based on your previous email, you will be teaching at our scheduled
>> meeting time this week but free the following week.  Is that correct?
>>

>> Thanks again for your help and insights
>>
>> Rob
>>

>> On Sun, Jul 16, 2023 at 1:34 PM John Wieczorek <tuco at berkeley.edu> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm sharing some comments inline. These are accompanied by comments and
>>> suggestions in the Event Hierarchy document.

>>> Just to clarify, this doesn't present any problems to what we have
>>> defined in the Event Hierarchies document, correct?

>>> Again, just to clarify, this doesn't present any problems to what we
>>> have defined in the Event Hierarchies document, correct?

>>> I commented in the text that it doesn't seem to me that completeness is
>>> a requirement, but that the rest seems reasonable.

>>> This is a good idea to be clarified with examples, as long as it is not
>>> proscriptive. I think the most common lowest-level Events would actually be
>>> Occurrences, at least in the Unified Model, where Occurrences are one type
>>> of Event.

>>> Is that supposed to be "they could not be traced"? I;m sorry I could not
>>> make it to the meeting. I am having a hard time understanding the issue.

>>> I hope the comments I made cover this, but I suspect it might require
>>> more interactive discussion to unravel completely.

Kate Ingenloff, PhD
Pronouns: she/her(s)
(+45) 51 44 13 23

"When one tugs at a single thread in nature, he finds it attached to the
rest of the world." ~John Muir