[tdwg-humboldt] Humboldt Extension update 2023-08-08

Dmitry Schigel dschigel at gbif.org
Tue Aug 8 21:20:47 UTC 2023

Great to see this is moving fast and well. I am in Portland for the ESA2023 conference, and expectedly, this is the fantastic community, very data-positive and data-aware, people use Darwin Core casually and a norm and I think I managed to warm up this audience for the Humboldt future a bit. If thigs go as planned, and extension is ratified, I am very sure that you will get very nice testers and early users from the ESA community. If GBIF can afford big presence, I would do the pre-conference Humboldt / data model course on Sunday, Special session on Monday and run a large data booth of booths with people present here – EDI, NEON, iDIgBio, Dryad. People are very receptive and thirsty for the fixes to be provided by H.

If GBIF can be of help, we agreed with Kate I that this is a priority. John, please remember if you need a hand.

FYI the ESA 2024 dates are 4-9 Aug 2024, place Long Beach, California.

Thanks in advance,
Dmitry