[tdwg-humboldt] TDWG 2021: Abstract submission deadline (August 2)

Yanina Sica yanina.sica at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 22:14:27 UTC 2021

Hi team!

*TDWG 2021 abstract submission is getting closer (August 2) !*

We are organizing a Session called
* 'Connecting the world of biodiversity data:standards uniting people,
processes, and tools'*

The proposed abstract and speakers can be found here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ckx3qQz1LtNRazYV2sI-jCTI84yh8t_A2DWKBoPyLsE/edit

Speakers suggested are (I added potential topics of the presentations as
discussed previously):

   - Yanina Sica
      - MOL as an aggregator implementing HC terms or,
      - MOL as a user of inventory data
   - Peter Brenton
      - How they are implementing the DwC extensions in the BioCollect
      system
   - Robert Guralnick, Gainesville, USA, UTC-4
      - Broader context of HC and/or,
      - some details about what we are doing as a group, potentially put a
      call to help test via IPT or something.
   - Robert Stevenson, Boston, USA, UTC-4
      - Are you still keen on presenting? Any ideas?
   - Anders Finstad, Trondheim, Norway, UTC+2
      - Who can we confirm they are still keen on presenting?

We would need confirmation from these speakers and more info on their talks
to make a cohesive session.

*Each speakers needs to submit their abstract here by August 2*:
https://www.tdwg.org/conferences/2021/call-for-abstracts/

*Let's bring some ideas to our next meeting! Wed 14 July*

Hope you are all well, see you next week!
Cheers!
Yani