[tdwg-humboldt] sample protocol and ontology for marine macro algae

Robert Stevenson Robert.Stevenson at umb.edu
Wed Jan 6 01:35:38 UTC 2021

Dear all

Here is an example<https://docs.google.com/document/d/15gOTUsITD1BuBFD0qeGHrrp4uHN4V1fWGXI5NXN5_Kg/edit> for us to consider

This protocol is from my colleague Jarrett Byrnes and his kelp group. The team started as an NCEAS group and subsequently morphed into an IPBES group.

Jarrett thinks other IPBES groups would have similar problems with definitions and methods.

If this document and the  kelp team's data sets prove useful, we can see about contacting other IPBES groups.

Seagrass, mangroves, and saltmarsh communities would be obvious targets

Rob

Robert D Stevenson
Associate Professor
Department of Biology