[tdwg-content] Call for Intended Participation at the U.S. Semantic Technologies Symposium 2020

Hilmar Lapp Hilmar.Lapp at duke.edu
Wed Dec 11 16:13:16 UTC 2019

Call for Intended Participation

3rd U.S. Semantic Technologies Symposium 2020, 9 – 11 March 2020, Raleigh, North Carolina. https://us2ts.org/
=====================================

The US2TS Symposium series is an emerging premier forum for fostering community between academic, industry, and government researchers and practitioners in the US that develop or apply semantic technologies. The interest in semantics has been strengthened by the growing dependence on the Web and the continuously increasing importance of large-scale data sharing, integration, and reuse.  Participants at the US2TS come from disciplines in computer science and engineering, natural sciences, geoscience, biology, library science, biomedical and health care sciences, social sciences and the humanities, and many others. Discussions at the symposium cover core topics such as the Semantic Web, Ontologies, Knowledge Graph, Linked Data and AI on the Web, Privacy and Trust, etc., as well as the intersection of such topics with areas such as the Internet of Things (IoT) and Blockchains.

=====================================

At this time, we are seeking to understand the interests and motivations of prospective participants, who are already planning or are considering to attend the 3rd US2TS.

** Form for Intended Participation: https://forms.gle/7VdmyBH6XWFrffQM6

We would appreciate if you could fill out the above form to help us gather additional information to structure a productive yet distinct program for this symposium.

There is no commitment for you to fill this form out. Even if there is only a small chance that you would be attending this year, we would request you to fill out the form. The data that is collected is going to be used only to inform how the program should be organized. We will maintain the results private. Name, organization and email is optional. If you do fill it out, we may contact you to follow up on any questions we may have.

** Contact
All questions about submissions should be emailed to contact us at us2ts2020-org AT googlegroups DOT com
You are also welcome to join our social network on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13783135/

Look forward to your great contributions and participation.
See you all on March 9 - 11, 2020, Raleigh, USA.