[tdwg-content] Darwin Core classes and dcterms:location

Tim Robertson trobertson at gbif.org
Thu Sep 20 20:01:04 UTC 2018

Hi Kim

I’d expect the following:

DC terms: http://dublincore.org/schemas/xmls/qdc/2008/02/11/dcterms.xsd
DC elements: http://dublincore.org/schemas/xmls/qdc/dc.xsd

Where are you finding your Darwin Core xsd please?

I hope this helps,
Tim

From: tdwg-content <tdwg-content-bounces at lists.tdwg.org> on behalf of Kim Mortimer <K.Mortimer at dal.ca>
Date: Thursday, 20 September 2018 at 21.54
To: "tdwg-content at lists.tdwg.org" <tdwg-content at lists.tdwg.org>
Subject: [tdwg-content] Darwin Core classes and dcterms:location

Hi there,

I am working on a profile of Darwin Core for a metadata repository, and am trying to add mandatory elements to the location class. However, because it is a Dublin Core class, the Darwin Core xsd points me to a file titled "dublin_core.xsd". I cannot seem to find this file, despite digging through what I can find of available Dublin Core xsd files. Although I'm not the most technical, I also believe this will be necessary for adding these changes to our repository (based on GeoNetwork).

I was wondering whether someone could send this file to me or otherwise point me in the correct direction?

Thanks very much,

Kim Mortimer

[mage removed by sender. MERIDIAN on blue circle containing many numbers,]

Kim Mortimer

Data Manager

MERIDIAN - Marine Environmental Research Infrastructure for Data Integration and Application Network

Institute for Big Data Analytics, Faculty of Computer Sciences, Dalhousie University

p: + 1 902 494 1812 m: +1 902 880 1863

a: 6050 University Ave, Halifax, NS, B3H 4R2, Canada

w: https://meridian.cs.dal.ca e: k.mortimer at dal.ca<mailto:k.mortimer at dal.ca>