[tdwg-content] TDWG 2018: deadline for abstracts extended

Stanley Blum stanblum at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 23:37:50 UTC 2018

[Please excuse cross-posting.]

Deadline for TDWG submissions extended

It has been brought to our attention that our abstract deadline for TDWG
2018 happens to coincide with another deadline that colleagues in the EU
might be facing for some very important proposals.  Consequently, we are
extending the abstract deadline for two weeks until:

*26 March, 2018, 23:59 UTC*

This concerns all contributions to *TDWG sessions* at the joint SPNHC-TDWG
annual conference
<https://tdwg.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=50f3cc44307841383062ca0d6&id=bafdb17df1&e=70d0b88832>
 in Dunedin, New Zealand. Abstracts are required for oral
presentations (including those in symposia and workshops), computer
demonstrations, and posters.

Abstracts will be published in *Biodiversity Information Science and
Standards*
<https://tdwg.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=50f3cc44307841383062ca0d6&id=e2549ac742&e=70d0b88832>
with
citable DOIs. Instructions for TDWG submissions can be found at
https://tdwg.github.io/conferences/2018/instructions-for-authors
<https://tdwg.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=50f3cc44307841383062ca0d6&id=4b4e520da4&e=70d0b88832>.
Note, your abstract is not actually submitted until you have finished step
#9, which notifies session editors that your abstract is complete and ready
for review.  You should receive an email confirming your submission.
Editors are hoping to notify authors of acceptance by 9 April, or as soon
as possible thereafter.

For the Program Committee,

Gail Kampmeier
Stanley Blum