[tdwg-content] sample Darwin Core Archives of various flavors

Steve Baskauf steve.baskauf at vanderbilt.edu
Tue Oct 25 02:06:23 CEST 2016

I have been playing around with turning Darwin Core Archives into RDF
[1] and would like to extend my experiments to attempting to integrate
data from archives that have very different core files.  I have played
with the dwcaMolluscsAndorra.zip Occurrence archive mentioned in Annex 3
of the DwC-A How-To Guide [2], but the Whales-DWC-A.zip file isn't
available any more (I guess because of the demise of Google Code).  A
little bit of Google searching failed to turn up additional obvious
example files.

If anyone would be interested in making DwC-A archives available to me,
I'd appreciate it.  I'm particularly interested in archives that have
cores other than Occurrence (although an Occurrence archive that has
more complex data, including extensions, than the mollusc example would
be welcome).  If there are any MaterialSample or Event core arcives,
that would be particularly interesting.

Preferably, I'd like to have access to archives that contain publicly
available data, since I'm likely to blog about the outcome and
potentially use the data in examples.  If there are publicly available
archives downloadable via a URL, you can reply to the list - otherwise
let me know how I could access your example.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Steve Baskauf

[1]
http://baskauf.blogspot.com/2016/10/guid-o-matic-meets-darwin-core-archives.html
[2] http://www.gbif.org/resource/80636

PMB 351634

If you fax, please phone or email so that I will know to look for it.
http://bioimages.vanderbilt.edu
http://vanderbilt.edu/trees