[tdwg-content] A proposal to improve Darwin Core for invasive species data

Francisco Pando pando at gbif.es
Tue May 24 19:08:09 CEST 2016

Quentin et al.,

Plinian Core is active and backed up by an international group that seeks expansion. A session is planned in TDWG 2016 about it within the Species Information Interest Group slot.

"Invasiveness" is a section within the Plinian Core schema: https://github.com/PlinianCore/Documentation/wiki/InvasivenessClass

It is much based on the GISIN schema.   This can be revisited, updated and harmonized with current initiatives, some mentioned in this thread. Quentin, we may do a bit of exchange of-list

Whereas shared vocabularies bring plenty of good things , I share Chuck's concerns about imposing some unwanted limitations for some potential users of the schema.

Best,

Paco

Francisco Pando

Investigador