[tdwg-content] CFP: TDWG 2016 Workshop on the use of wikis in biodiversity informatics

joel sachs jsachs at csee.umbc.edu
Sun Aug 28 21:48:27 CEST 2016

Everyone,

The submission deadline for the below is soon, but the bar is low - a
paragraph or two describing what you're up to, and any challenges that
you're facing. Our main goal is to get a sense of who's doing what in this
space, and to discuss prospects for helping each other.

If you'd like to be involved in the conversation, but won't be able to
make it to Costa Rica, please let me know.

Best,
Joel.
----

The Use of Wikis in Biodiversity Informatics

Workshop to be held at TDWG 2016 (Dec. 5-9) in Santa Clara de San Carlos, Costa Rica

Instruction for submitting abstracts are at
https://mbgserv18.mobot.org/ocs/index.php/tdwg/tdwg2016/schedConf/cfp

Abstracts due: Sept. 6, 2016

Wiki technologies, in particular those built on top of Semantic MediaWiki
and Wikidata, are being used to store, curate, query, integrate, and
reason over a range of biodiversity-related data. This workshop will
comprise a selection of talks describing some of these uses, followed by a
discussion of gaps in the wiki ecology, and opportunities that might exist
to fill those gaps through coordinated research and development.