[tdwg-content] [IPT] Reverting the process of DwC standardization

David Valentim Dias dvdias at sibbr.gov.br
Tue Oct 27 12:36:15 CET 2015

Hi again,

I think the problem target both. DwC because is a solution to a problem
creating another problem to researchers less "skilled" in table
manipulation. Ecological data with occurrence is resulting in three tables
and manipulation of these are getting harder with the number of core or
extensions used.
Two possible solutions comes in mind: create a new term describing the
original layout of the columns (so we can use csvjoin like Menashe suggest)
or ipt with option to store the original table associated with resource.
We can always use external links in eml and save the file somewhere but
this means creating another service and managing more login (aka resource
cost and new problems).

I think any solution will need ipt changes.

dvdias at sibbr.gov.br

www.sibbr.gov.br