[tdwg-content] status of uBio

Dmitry Mozzherin dmozzherin at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 05:53:00 CEST 2015

I had been administering uBio for the last year, but now I am moving from
MBL. uBio machine is in a bad shape, and it crashes after a few hours of
work. My plan is to create Docker containers for database, code and data,
which should make whole system much more stable, and much more manageable.
Good news I will definitely try my best to do it, the bad news I am spread
thinner than usual with move, transferring hardware and grant, GN things,
EOL things, and figuring out what to do with the house etc. uBio 'code'
part is about 35 Gb, which makes the task more complicated, but I am quite
optimistic that I will be able to make containers and put them either on an
 MBL machine, run it from University of Illinois, or give it to Naturalis
-- depending on what will make more sense for Dave Remsen, MBL and all
interested in the project.